Ukrainian Youth Delegates to the UN
‘Ukrainian Youth Delegate to the UN’ is a nationwide program aimed at increasing the participation of youth in international politics and spreading of the principles of the UN among young people, as well as building a dialogue between government of Ukraine and young people.
The program was founded in October 2014 and the first Ukrainian youth delegates took part in the 69th session of the UN General Assembly. The program was initiated by Victoriia Shvydchenko and Victoriia Luchka and was launched thanks to the support of the Bohdan Hawrylyshyn Charitable Foundation. Since 2018 the program is implemented by Bohdan Hawrykyshyn Family Foundation.
The main partners of the program are Bohdan Hawrylyshyn Family Foundation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine.
The program provides the following:
- Participation of youth delegates in meetings of the UN General Assembly (Third Committee – social, humanitarian and cultural issues) and, upon agreement, in the Youth forum of ECOSOC, at the headquarters of the UN, New York;
- Promotion of the program development at national level;
- Engagement with young people by volunteering and participating in youth forums, conferences, festivals, etc.;
- Meetings with key parties concerned and officials;
- Development of youth designated programs.
Applications for ‘Ukrainian Youth Delegate to the UN – 2018’ program (until May 16, 2018). Details: https://goo.gl/gSjbvB
Оfficial website: uayouthdelegate.com
The official program page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ua.youthdelegate/