Ukrainian Youth Delegates to the UN
“Ukrainian Youth Delegates to the UN” is a project aimed at activating talented youth around the world through participation in the development of real documents and decision-making in the UN system. The initiators of the project in Ukraine are participants of the program “Young Generation will Change Ukraine” Victoria Luchka and Victoria Shvydchenko. They became the first youth delegates from Ukraine in 2014.
During 8 years of the program’s existence, 18 young people have become Ukrainian youth delegates to the UN with a one-year mandate in the future.
The youth delegates to the UN in 2021-2022 are Denys Ganzha and Alina Kurska.
The main partners of the program are Bohdan Hawrylyshyn Family Foundation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine.
The program provides the following:
- Participation of youth delegates in meetings of the UN General Assembly (Third Committee – social, humanitarian and cultural issues) and, upon agreement, in the Youth forum of ECOSOC, at the headquarters of the UN, New York;
- Promotion of the program development at national level;
- Engagement with young people by volunteering and participating in youth forums, conferences, festivals, etc.;
- Meetings with key parties concerned and officials;
- Development of youth designated programs.
Оfficial website: uayouthdelegate.com
The official program page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ua.youthdelegate/